Almaden Country School is pleased to be able to offer tuition assistance. In fulfillment of its mission of providing a gifted education for every child, our financial aid program is available for children who would otherwise not be able to attend ACS.
Our policies and procedures for how to apply, including key dates, are provided below. If you have further questions about the financial aid process, please contact the admissions office.
Financial Aid Policies
- Financial aid allows ACS to fulfill its mission of providing a gifted education for every child.
- Financial aid is awarded to families on the basis of financial need. It is also provided based on the family’s commitment to the school and the student’s academic and behavioral standing. Continued receipt of financial aid assumes the family and student are in good standing.
- Financial aid resources are limited and are given out on a first-qualified, first-served basis.
- Every family pays something.
- Financial aid awards are made on a yearly basis and must be applied for each year.
- Families must notify the school if their financial condition improves so an adjustment can be made to their financial aid.
- A Gifted Education, Inc. dba Almaden Country School admits students of any race, color, national and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sexual orientation, national and ethnic origin in administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, and athletic and other school-administered programs.
Financial Aid Process
- Click here to acquire a financial aid application for the upcoming academic year or contact the admissions office by November 1.
- A complete and accurate financial aid application must be submitted to the admissions office by April 15 to receive priority consideration. Incomplete applications, including any requested documents, will be returned without review. (Applicants missing the April 15 priority deadline will be considered in the order they are received and to the extent financial aid resources are still available.)
- The financial aid application will be reviewed based on a formula that considers a family’s income and the number of enrolled children in the household.
- If a family demonstrates financial need, the application will be reviewed by the Chief Financial Officer, who will consider the family’s commitment to the school as well as the student’s academic and behavioral standing.
- Families will be notified of their award beginning May 1.