Our school day may end at 3 p.m. but campus still hums with after-school activities.
Since its founding in 1982, Almaden Country School has embraced the importance of experiential learning. Children learn and thrive when they are engaged in activities that are relevant, fun and meaningful to them.
Our campus is host to a variety of after-school activities that extend the interests and talents of our students in wholesome, exciting ways. The following after-school activities are provided at different times of the year at ACS.
- Chess Club: A professional chess master provides lessons on campus to interested ACS students in this year-round program.
- Lego Robotics: ACS fields several teams in First Lego League Robotics Tournaments each fall. Robotics involves practice of math and science skills, basic computer programming and principles of elemental engineering. Coaches are parent volunteers.
- Starmites: A show choir for kindergarten-2nd grade taught by our performing arts specialist. Our Starmites rehearse for several weeks in preparation for evening shows on campus, and also provide outreach opportunities by performing at retirement homes, hospitals, shopping malls, and at special receptions.
- Team Sports: The ACS Cougars participate as a member school in the Silicon Valley Athletic League (SVAL). Our no-cuts team sports are open to children in grades 5-8. The SVAL sports seasons are:
Fall: Boys Flag Football, Girls Volleyball
Winter: Boys and Girls Basketball
Spring: Coed Track and Field
- Apple Orchard: We also offer extended care until 6 p.m. in our Apple Orchard for ACS students in Junior Kindergarten through 5th grade. (Due to limitations of our license, Begindergarten students may only stay in the Apple Orchard until 3 p.m.)
Other after-school offerings, such as music classes, foreign language enrichment, Brownies, Cub, Boy, and Girl Scouts, and tutorials in various subjects, depend on demand. Please contact the Office for more information about this year’s after-school activity schedule.